Business Development Manager
As Takram’s first international branch outside Tokyo, London studio started in 2015. Despite the geographical and cultural differences, Takram operates as one studio to both maintain the high creative and technical quality and encourage a diverse mix of culture. Since the launch, London studio has collaborated with leading international organisations such as Google, Swarovski, Moovel, Sony, Panasonic, MIT Media Lab, etc, with a strong focus on following areas in digital and physical product development; A) Research and concept development, B) Proof of concept prototyping, and C) UI/UX design and development. We are excited to welcome a new member to boost our business development and expand our reach in the design and innovation industry in the UK and EU.
As a business development manager in our small team in London, you will take ownership of creating a business development strategy. Although the strategic plan is primarily for our London studio’s new business and there is a scope for you to define its direction, we believe promoting Takram as one is the key to long-term success. In this respect, you will be talking directly to the directors based in both London and Tokyo and incorporating their inputs. In addition to managing the core business development processes from initial chemistry meetings to scoping and closing the project contracts, you will be making new contacts and building Takram’s reputation by creating thought leadership pieces, attending events and/or suggesting such opportunities to senior members. In April 2019, we launched a one-person desk in New York. While the New York desk is tasked to gauge the potential of the US market, you will be expected to liaise with the New York member to further expand Takram’s international reach.
- Building and maintaining an understanding of the marketplace and its trends
- Creating a business development strategy with the director team in London and Tokyo
- Generating new project opportunities with both new and existing clients
- Managing the project pipeline and business development materials
- Building the company’s reputation through events and thought leadership
- Collaborating with the New York member to expand the international business reach