Our London studio is a small team of anti-disciplinary creatives with a strong focus on design research, interaction design and programming. We work on an assortment of future-focused design projects that range from digital product experiences to research reports and discursive artefacts. The core stages in the design and innovation process that we cover include:
- Design and futures research
- Concept development and visualisation and proof-of-concept prototyping
- Digital prototyping for productisation
Our cross-cultural perspectives have enabled us to discover new approaches to sustainability transitions and data humanisation, two areas in which we are actively building our capabilities. The following recent case studies are what we are most proud of:
- Making sea level rise more tangible through AR
- Global study on transformative creativities in the age of crisis
We reflect our values into many activities we do in the studio. Some of the examples are:
- Learning Organisation: Our book purchase support is one of the ways we nurture the culture of engaging with ideas.
- Thought Leadership: It is important for us to make space for members to grow. Recently our new London member Jonathan wrote an article on Core77.
- Power of Making: In order to continue to hone our ability to make, we have a number of self-initiated projects called Mark@.
The Design Researcher / Programmer plays a key role in our anti-disciplinary team in London. We are looking for someone who is equipped with both research and programming skills suited for future-focused design projects. The ideal candidate is also comfortable with switching mindsets to explore what their interactions might bring into the design process.
You will be partnering with our international studios on a variety of assignments including, but not limited to human-centred and futures research, digital product prototyping, and concept development and visualisation. As Takram London is still growing, we are looking for new people who will drive the studio forward, contribute to the overall company culture, and help us nurture a diverse team that embraces creativity and innovation.
- 2+ years (or equivalent) of experience in human-centred design research and/or futures research
- 2+ years (or equivalent) of experience in programming (React, TypeScript, D3, Three.js, and Unity preferred)
- An understanding towards our values
- Concept visualisation skills (e.g. illustration, sketch, graphic design, and visual mockups)
- UI and UX design
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT
- Sick pay and parental leave
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Financial support for remote work and upskilling activities, educational rebates (for books, software, etc.)
33 days annual leave inclusive of bank and public holidays
30 Nov 2020
Please let us have all the information, it helps us figure out who would be good to work with. After completing this form, please click “Preview before submission” button.
You are about to send your application. Please confirm before you hit the “Submit” button.
Your application has been successfully submitted!
Thank you for your interest in our company.